2016 IBM Champions Announced
IBM has announced the ICS Champions for 2016. I’m honored to join many others who have been selected for aother year and I hope that my chronicles continue to aid others in the communitiy I’ve found a good home with. More importantly, I’m quite happy about some of the new additions to the IBM Champion crowd, including Toby Samples and Steve Zavocki; both of whom are quite deserving in my opinion. May their contributions continue to improve our collective efforts.
What Is An IBM Champion?
IBM Champion program The IBM Champion program recognizes innovative thought leaders in the technical community -- and rewards these contributors by amplifying their voice and increasing their sphere of influence. An IBM Champion is an IT professional, business leader, developer, or educator who influences and mentors others to help them make best use of IBM software, solutions, and services.
IBM Champions are not employees of IBM.
All in all, a person who “aids the cause”, as it were. There are many outlets, writing a blog is just one of them. In case you’ve been living under a rock, check out these excellent resources:
- Stack Overflow’s XPages tag (there are some very smart people who can help answer things, occasionally I do as well)
- many tweet about XPages with hash tag XPages
- the SocialBiz User Group contains many posts from knowledgable people
- and more I probably don’t even know of, which reminds me…
XPages Slack Chat
The XPages Slack chat, courtesy of David Leedy and Jesse Gallagher; this is open to all XPage-rs (sign-up), though the official owners ask for a coupole of rules to be observed, the full can be read up on the Notes in 9 post, the short version amounts to:
- no griping, just focus on solutions (we’re there to collaborate)
- keep on topic for XPages development efforts, additional “rooms” like #random are for non-related (and there are other rooms for unique purposes)
- consider the chat public (no private/NDA content please)
Of additional note, it’s best to enter your real name into your account profile. So far, I’m a huge fan of the XPages Slack chat and I look forward to what everyone can help each other out with.
There are many good things to come, especially as I have two blog series I’m currently working on finalizing and an IBM Connect session that builds on some of those principles. Here’s to a great 2016! 🍻 🎉